FortisBC & BC Hydro Rebates
We have learned that adding or upgrading your home insulation can result in long-term cost savings. And FortisBC and BC Hydro help make this even easier through their rebate programs. And on top of the cost savings, your home becomes more comfortable year round!
It's interesting that utility companies would promote and encourage customers using less energy, but these service providers are aware that as demand for energy grows, they need to ensure that they can manage and meet their customers' needs. Energy conservation is a good thing for everyone - increased efficiency in operations, less impact on the environment, and reduced expenses for customers.
- Batt, loose fill, board and spray foam are eligible insulation types.
- The home must be a year-round primary residence at least 12 months old; new construction, additions and garage upgrades are not eligible.
- Applications must be submitted within six months of the paid invoice date.
- Rebates cannot exceed the paid cost on the invoice.
- Rebates may be calculated based on the R-value of new insulation added.
- Insulation must be installed by a Program Registered Contractor
Reduce your Monthly Energy Bills
Typical homeowners save at least 10% on their homes energy costs after upgrading their insulation.
Save up to $11,100
Combine and save up to $11,100 from rebates and grants!
Get an Expert Assessment
Our expert estimators will assess your home’s current insulation and offer solutions for areas you can upgrade, using the available rebates and grants.
Estimates are always free and our expert estimators can advise you what rebates you would qualify for, and whether or not you will require an Energy Evaluation from an Energy Advisor to take advantage of the current grants.