Bringing Value To Your Home
June 08, 2021
Did You Know?
Insulation can improve the value of your home! It can reduce your energy bills, provide soundproofing, increase your property value, and can prevent mold damage! We have been family owned and operated since 1973, proudly serving the BC Interior for over 40 years. We are a leading full-service insulation contractor specializing in new construction, renovations, and upgrades. With our expertise, we have created a map of your home to show you where adding or upgrading insulation can add improvements.
Let's take a look at how each space in your home affects the efficiency of your home and how it can be improved with the right insulation.
- When choosing an insulation type, it is important to consider the shape of the roof in order to ensure proper ventilation and precent moisture issues.
- When completing a roof retrofit with no interior access, insulation can be added from the exterior of the roof.
- Insulating an attic space can increase energy-efficiency in a home by at least 10% and will greatly improve year-round comfort.
- Adding additional insulation to attic spaces is a quick and easy retrofit project and can be done over top of existing loose-fill or batt insulation provided it is in good condition.
- In older homes with little to no wall insulation, consider strapping the existing interior walls with new framing to allow for proper insulation thicknesses to be added.
- Insulating using spray foam seals gaps in home crawlspaces preventing air leakage. SPF prevents moisture intrusion and can help improve energy-efficiency of the home.
- Spray foam inhibits insects and small pests from infiltrating spaces preventing property damage.
- Fibreglass batt insulation is naturally-fire resistant and made from 25% - 60% post-consumer recycled material.
- Cellulose insulation is excellent for sound reduction because the loosely packed fibres absorb and dampen sound.
- Home renovation rebates are available from the Federal Government/ Fortis BC/ BC Hydro when upgrading your insulation.
- Whether natural gas, electricity, or propane, about 50% of the energy used in a home goes toward space heating.
Want to improve the value of your home? - Contact us today!